Monday, March 21, 2011

Honey Walnut Shrimp! Oh Yum!!


-sorry for the night time photo-

If you have ever have honey walnut shrimp at a Chinese take out, then you'll love this recipe even better!! We recently discovered it at Panda Express, but I had already found this recipe before going, so I compared theirs to this. Well I love theirs but homemade is SO MUCH BETTER! You just cannot get that light crispy tempura from take out. Oh man! I made this for Mr. and I (actually we had a small 3 course dinner, Carbonara for kids, lobster raviolis & this shrimp for us) and we even had leftovers. My last words before falling asleep was, "That shrimp was so good, but I am so stuffed I don't even want to think about it!". lol. Give this one a try, I think you'll love it  too!

Here is Kai's YouTube video, but I'll add the ingredients below.




Honey Walnut Shrimp

Tempura batter:
1 C. all purpose flour
1 TBL baking powder
1 egg
3/4-1C. water
-Whisk all together, until desired consistency. Add 1 pound of cleaned shrimp (tails off), and set aside.

Honey Walnut Sauce:
1 TBL sweetened condensed milk
1/4 C. mayo
1 TBL honey
squeeze of lemon
-Stir all until combined, set aside.

In a large saute pan or wok, heat about 2" canola oil. Fry shrimp in batches until just golden, drain on paper towel set aside until all batches are cooked. (I kept them in a warm oven)

Walnuts:
1 C. chopped walnuts (can leave whole)
2 TBL granulated sugar
2-3 TBL water
1 tsp honey

In a clean dry hot large saute pan/wok, add sugar and water, stir until sugar dissolves. Add honey, stir then add nuts to coat.
Then add in fried shrimp and sauce then gently toss to coat all.




~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~
enjoy,
Rachelle
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my word, my mouth is drooling! I should never read your blog before I eat dinner!

Unknown said...

Oh my , i stumbled on your site today and have not been able to leave it yet ! This is just amazimg , I am obsessed with the walnut shrimp at panda so I am more than joyed to see this recipe !!!! Amazing blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...