Saturday, November 26, 2011

Autumn Salad {Gluten Free}


I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be great for Thanksgiving. Oooh the flavors in this are great, toasted pecans, smoky bacon, tart and tangy cranberries, sweet pears with the feta. I was able to find gluten free dressings for this recipe. It's delish.


Autumn Salad {Gluten Free}
as seen at Espresso and Cream

6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 medium pears, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
8 slices thick-cut (gluten free) bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
3/4 C. Poppy Seed Salad Dressing (Brianna's is GF)
1/4 C. Balsamic Vinaigrette (Wish Bone is GF)

On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Combine poppy seed dressing and balsamic together. When ready to serve, drizzle over salad.

~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely recipe. This is my first visit to your blog,so I've taken some extra time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Colleen said...

Hi Hon! Found you on the My Memories FB page. I'm a new Follower...I'm working to build my network of friends and followers and would love to have you Follow me as well! Beautiful blog!! I have an FB page as well...Sweet Home Designs...Thank you in advance :) That looks and sounds delicous!!

Elena said...

I like your blog and I like every recipe you make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...